Sunday, May 16, 2010

JAB WE WAIT(ED)...!!

I have already mentioned about how life==cricket!!



Time to move a step further...Let me tell you how life==movies!!



Our lifes are filmy most of the times... we do not realise or realise later....Actually,I have a feeling that at each moment, we live some part of some movies....(If you think you dont,the muvi is yet to come....just wait!)



See, i am gonna tell you two stories...two real stories from my own life that happened some one or two year back...which I had somehow forgotten ...but those memories came alive when I again waited for nearly a full night @ the bhubaneswar railway station just a few days ago...Go through the following lines and tell me, if I am wrong in my theory of Life==Muvies..!!

I dont doubt the ability of your gray cells in guessing what i am talking about.......Ofcourse, i am talking about my "Jab We Met" connection......Voila!

Hey, let me be clear...."We" here stands for me and my friends....and "Meeting" is replaced by "Waiting"... :(


Another fact...apart from "waiting for the train"...both these stories have three more things in common:-..."early mornings"..."night outs"...and .......and......and....."IITs"....lolz

STORY #1 (Two Years Before!)

I clearly remember the way that day began...I had to appear for an exam,for which I had an obsession a year before:-IITJEE... I had got a second chance to appear... I didnt want to miss that chance, though I never ever prepared for that in last one year...This was the case with many of my fresher friends...

I clearly remember I got up around 5 that morning and had a stroll on the hostel roof for no reason for an hour...!!

My friends went with me to the exam centre....AP (@bit friends,u know who i m talking abt) was also going along with us ...I ,after half an hour ,found that me n AP were sharing the same exam center....the same exam hall...and adjacent desks...!!(well,we never had looked at each others admitcard before!)

After six hours of ************(I dnt find exact words how to mention my feelings...) I discovered one of my friends was still waiting for me outside the exam-center...We came back...My mind was still empty as in the morning...!!

That evening AP told me to go to the station to meet his parents who were crossing Patna,on their way from Guwahati to New Delhi...Their train was schedued to reach Patna @ 4am ,next morning...So we had to reach the station that night only...I remember lying to Prof Giri about our intentions to get permission to move out of the campus...and we managed to...

I also remember we had our dinner along with ur seniors that night(Actully,dinner time of ours was different from seniors that time) ...Without any extra luggage, me n AP left hostel around 8:30...n reached Patna Junction before 9:30...but the train was running an hour late and was to reach around 5 next morning...So,we had to WAIT...!!

Well,the story actually begins now...!! (I really appreciate ur patience for reaching to this part)We never planned about how to spend the rest of the night.....We had many options...I remember buying a special issue of Outlook ...then we moved to the nearby temple and planned to sleep half an hour one after another ,the other reading the magazine...this was sort of boring,but we had no options either...this cycle could repeat itself for two times only...and we again scratched our heads thinking wat to do....!!!!!

Then,i remember waking up @2 am in the waiting room.....!!! I discovered AP still sitting by my side...bechara....!! We then checked out the current status of the train...It was running two hours late...aha....kash hum log subah ate to achha hota ,we sighed....I dont rmbr excatly the no of times we took coffee,cola,chocky,chips.........that night...

We still had to wait for 4 more hours...!! AP rested for some time...I was reading a Tintin..!!

More importantly my mind was still empty as was in the morning......!!!!

Finally there was an announcement of the train coming soon...We jumped out of our seats...Washed our faces...It was 6:30 in the morning!!

The train reached Patna...I met uncle n aunty...Aunty was so happy that she gave me some money,more than enough to buy a new novel!!

Irony is the train stayed only for 15 minutes....whereas we had spent a whole night...!!!!!

But the time we waited there was worth it! "patience" bhi ek cheez hota hai ye hum log sikh gaye us raat ko!!

Story #2 (Just an year before!)

I never knew I would face a such a situation AGAIN...!! but,yes life gave a second chance...!!

I also remember how this day began...Me,along with Monty and Auro went to Puducherry as our college vacations was extended for 15 daz last summer...We planned to hire a taxi to go to Chennai and see Mammalapuram on our way ...Our train was scheduled to leave chennai that night...So we left Puducherry early in the morning to have enough time @ our hand for Mammalapuram...

Mammalapuram was really awsome!! Superb craft on the stones!! We wish we cld stay their for more hours...but it was already 3pm....so we hurried to Chennai...

A grand surprise was waiting for us...Our train was CANCELLED!

We were clueless abt what to do...Thank God! One of Papa's friends who works in the railway department suggested us to book the tickets for the train in the next morning....we got the tickets...WAITING LIST 210,211,212 !!

We were prepared to come back seating...even standing....!!

It was around 7pm.We had done enough shopping in Puducherry which added two burdens to us:-1.Heavy luggages ...and 2.Empty wallets...to our disappointment we discovered we didnt have enough in our ATMs to book a good hotel for that night!! We checked some low priced hotels near the station and you know what happens there....!!!!!

We came back to the station...left the taxi...put our luggages in the cloak room...only leaving tooth paste and brush in my huge cargo pocket for next morning...

Well friends,we had enough money to have a awsome dinner @ Adayars...We packed some foods also...then spent some time moving here n there ...

We thought we wld spend the night @ railway dormitories...but dono what was our luck that day....the dormitory was fully booked(see,a train was cancelled and there were many people like us finding a place to spend the night!)

Remember,we had waiting list 212...so we went to a cyber cafe @ around 11 that night to check our current status...it was sort of blessing in disguise for all 3 of us...!! we found a way to spend the night... Thanx to softwares like Orkut ,Facebook n Gtalk....!!!

I remember waking my ol friends awake till around 3:30am in the morning...!! One of us went upstairs and slept infront of a computer,enjoying tha AC and putting earphn in his ears!! The other guy,as I remember,was trying to impress a girl by sending,editing,and resending friendship invitation message(hey,forgive me!i didnt take da name of that girl !!)

In the meanwhile,we were checking our status...thankfully,the wait-list came down to around 130s...still a long way to go...

It was around 4 am...we were still in the cafe....and only we were in the double-storied cafe...!! The cafe-owner was also feeling sleepy...and told us that the systems also need some rest!!

We were also little tired seating for round 5 hours... we muved out...and spent rest of the night sleeping on the chairs on the platform...(had to fight for those chairs also...as the platform was really crowdy that night)

The morning sun came up...Lit up our hopes alongwith...We agn went to that cafe to check our status...Thanx to east-coast railway authority...tw more boggies were added to our train and we got our bearths cnfirmed...yayeee....!!

Hey friends,dont you feel like missing something.......Think again......Dont you think the IIT connection is missing n the second story.......?????

Well,that evening we three had around 2 hours with us and we went to IIT Madras campus ...!!!

Ha ha ....this finishes my stories....Really donno when agn I ll face such a situation...Whatever,Life goes on...Like the reels of a muvi....And it was my attempt to capture some of those reels...for a still photography...!!

My friends,thanx for reading...!! I guess next tym I post my blog,it ll be carrying the theme Life==Soccer...WC begins!!

3 comments:

  1. nice one !!!!

    awesome.....worth reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL ABHIJEET, ITS A GOOD REAL LIFE STORY.
    AND IT SEEMS U ARE A PROLIFIC WRITER.CONTINUE THIS TYPE OF WORKS,SO THAT WE CAN SPEND SOME OF OUR BORING HOURS IN THIS BLOG.

    ALSO THANKS TO GOOGLE. NOTHING IS PERFECT EXCEPT GOOGLE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mr AP...yaar hamara engineering ka bus 1 saal bachha hai...tune to soch liya ki tu engg nahi banega aur mene bhi...so is 1 saal ko yadgar banalenge taki baad me sochenge ki hum bhi kabhi engineer hua karte the.....

    by da way i already ve enough memories dat an engg sld ve...!!

    ReplyDelete